Week 10 Practice Test
Judge Classes Week 10 Test
1. How many players are needed to sanction a Magic tournament? How many teams are needed for a Two-Headed Giant event?
2. Abby and Nate are playing against each other. Game 1 ended in a draw, game 2 also ended in a draw, and Abby won game 3. Do they need to continue playing? If not, how should they report their results?
3. Alex and Nick are starting a match. Alex decides to mulligan to 6, and Nick keeps. After drawing the hand of 6, Alex chooses to mulligan again. Nick decides he'd also like to mulligan now, can he?
4. Andy is in a draft at his store. He opens a pack of cards which has a valuable mythic and a valuable foil. He'd like to take this entire pack and drop. Can he do this? If so how does the draft proceed?
5. What is the minimum time limit for a Constructed or Limited Swiss match? What is the recommended time limit?
6. How long should players have to build their deck in a sealed tournament?
7. Artie has a 62 card deck and a 15 card sideboard. When sideboarding, he'd like to take out 2 cards and make a 17 card sideboard. Can he do this? What if the sideboard was initially 13 cards, does that change the answer?
1. 8 players are needed to sanction a Magic tournament. Similarly, 4 teams (Which totals to 8 players) are needed to sanction a 2HG tournament.
2. Abby and Nate need to continue playing. Magic is played until either time runs out or a player wins two games. It is not played until "best out of three."
3. Once Nick has decided to keep, he can not continue mulliganing later on.
4. A player may drop at any time in a tournament. In this case, Andy will take the pack he opened and all unopened product he may also have (So if this was the first pack opened, he will take his two unopened packs as well). Andy must be sure to inform the scorekeeper that he is dropping. The draft will continue with one fewer player.
5. The minimum time limit for a Constructed or Limited match is 40 minutes. The recommended time limit is 50 minutes.
6. Players are given 30 minutes for sealed deck constructions.
7. A sideboard must be between 0 and 15 cards. Making a 17 card sideboard is illegal. However, if the sideboard started at 13 cards and was increased to 15 that is legal. Players do not have to swap sideboard cards on a one-for-one basis.