- The primary card types are: Instant, Sorcery, Creature, Artifact, Planeswalker, Enchantment, Land and Tribal. Of these types only five of them can be considered permanents on the battlefield: Land, Creature, Enchantment, Artifact and Planeswalker. Tribal may also be on the battlefield if it includes any of the afforementioned types.
- Once Echoing Truth resolves the goblin token, as well as all other tokens will be returned to Nigel's hand and when SBAs check they will cease to exist. The tokens all share the same name of "Goblin" due to the fact that when tokens are created their name will be the same as their creature type unless otherwise specified (e.g. The Hive, Tooth and Claw)
- The different statuses for a permanent are: Tapped, Untapped, Flipped, Unflipped, Phased In, Phased Out, Face Up, and Face Down. By default all permanents come into play Untapped, Unflipped, Phased In, and Face Up.
- They are: Battlefield, Stack, Exile, Graveyard, Hand, Library, and Command. Ante Zone is the 8th and final zone, however it is not used in any sanctioned format.
- Battlefield, Exile, Command, and Stack are the shared zones. Library and Hand are hidden Zones. Graveyard is a public zone, however, it is not shared.
- Whenever a spell or ability instructs you to draw cards, each draw is treated as a seperate action, thus in between each of the three draw effects the top card of the library must be revealed beforehand, as well as the top card after all three draws have occurred. The resolution of the ability places the cards back at the same time, so two cards are returned to the top of the library with only the top card needing to be revealed.
- A player can only have one graveyard. Formats that include cards from Urza's Saga and prior do not allow for players to rearrange their graveyards.
- Objects on the stack resolve in order beginning with the top-most spell or ability, and then work down until the stack is empty. Multiple objects added to the stack are added to the stack in the order of the players choice, so if two items are added (A and B) the player may choose to put either object A or object B as the top-most object. If both players add multiple objects at the same time they are added in Active Player, Non-Active Player (APNAP) order. Last in, first out.
- Special actions do not use the stack, these actions are: Playing a land for turn, Suspending a card, Turning a morph creature face-up, Paying a cost to end an effect or take an action (Ghostly Prison, Leonin Arbiter,) and Paying a cost to nullify an effect from a delayed trigger (Quenchable Fire, Glass Asp). Mana abilities and Turn Based Actions also do not use the stack.
- Cards in the Exile zone are still considered within the current game; therefore cards such as Cunning Wish cannot acquire an exiled card, as they are not outside of the current game. Cards are exiled face up by default unless a spell or ability states otherwise.
- There is an untap step where nothing happens, followed by an upkeep where nothing happens. The draw step is skipped.
- The player must assign a damage assignment order for those creatures, where he decides which he will deal lethal damage to first, second, and third.
- The combat damage and cleanup steps can repeat. Combat damage when first strike is involved, cleanup when something triggers or otherwise happens during it.