From Judge Wiki (English)
Judge Classes Week 3 Test
- What are 4 copiable values a permanent has? What are some copiable values that only spells have?
- Arnold casts Empty the Warrens, the first spell cast this turn. Nancy uses Twincast to create a copy of Empty the Warrens. How many Goblins does Nancy get?
- Arnold casts Empty the Warrens, the first spell cast this turn. Nancy uses Twincast to create a copy of Empty the Warrens. Can Arnold Mana Leak Nancy’s copy of Empty the Warrens?
- Arabella controls Sky-Eel School. She then casts Clone, choosing Sky-Eel School as the creature to copy. Does Arabella get to draw and discard a card?
- If I create a copy of a spell with modes can I change the modes? What about the targets?
- Is deathtouch considered lethal damage? If a creature with deathtouch deals damage in a form other than combat is the opposing creature still destroyed? What if the deathtouch creature is not on the battlefield?
- What extra steps are created by a creature with doublestrike attacking? If a creature loses or gains doublestrike does it still get to deal regular combat damage?
- What are the six things that protection means? Does protection only apply to colors? If a blue creature with protection from red attacks can a red creature with protection from blue block it?
- At what point can damage trample over a creature to the next creature or player in blocking order? Can an attacking player take damage already marked on creatures into consideration when looking at lethal damage?
- If a creature with lifelink blocks, when does the player gain the life? Does lifelink function from other zones? How does lifelink interact with greater than lethal damage (in example, a 5/5 creature with lifelink is blocked by a 2/2)?
- A face down Hill Giant attacks. During Declare Attackers, Momentary Blink is cast and resolves on the Hill Giant. What are the statuses of the Hill Giant when it returns to the battlefield?
- A Bear Cub is cast. While on the stack, a player casts Deathlace targeting the Bear Cub. What are the characteristics of the Bear Cub after it resolves?
- A player is trying to control his opponent with Mindslaver. Before the Mindslaver resolves, the opponent wants to concede so he doesn't have to show his hand. Can he do this?
- Copiable values are: Name, Mana Cost, Color (as derived from the mana cost), Types, Abilities, Power and Toughness. When copying a spell, the value of X, modes chosen when casting it, targets, and if it was cast using an alternate or additional cost are also copied.
- Twincast puts a copy of the spell onto the stack; storm will not trigger. Nancy will get two goblins from the copy (and Arnold will get two goblins from the original Empty the Warrens).
- Yes, a copy of a spell on the stack is still a legal target for a spell like Mana Leak.
- Yes, the choice made for Clone happens as it enters the battlefield, so Clone will trigger any ETB abilities of any creatures it copies.
- Modal choices and targets are locked in once the spell is on the stack, so the copy will not be able to change either, unless the spell that made the copy specifically allows for you to do so, generally copy spells will allow you to change targets, but not modes.
- Yes and Yes, any damage dealt by a creature with deathtouch is considered lethal, even if the creature is no longer on the battlefield, deathtouch functions in all zones as a property of damage.
- A First Combat Damage step is created by any creature with First Strike or Double Strike in the Combat Phase. A creature that gains double strike will deal damage in both combat damage steps, a creature that loses double strike after the first combat damage step will not deal damage in the normal combat damage step.
- Protection prevents it from being Blocked, Enchanted, Damaged, Equipped, Fortified and Targeted by sources of the color it has protection from. No, protection can apply to numerous other things, such as creature types (Warren Scourge Elf,) spell types (Petrified Wood-Kin,) or even everything (Progenitus.) No, protection from red will prevent the red creature from even being able to block it.
- Once lethal damage is assigned to the blocker or first blocker in a group, then any and all remaining damage from the trample creature may be carried over to the player or next creature in the blocking assignment. Any damage that is currently marked on the blocking creature is taken into consideration when determining what damage needs to be dealt to equal lethal damage.
- Life gain happens simultaneously when the damage is dealt. Lifelink does function from other zones. Lifelink will provide it's controller with life equal to the full amount of damage, in the example the lifelink controller will gain 5 life, even though the 2/2 only needs 2 damage to be considered lethal, the lifelink creature will still deal all 5 damage.
- The formerly tapped and face down Hill Giant will return as a fresh new face up and untapped Hill Giant.
- The Bear Cub will be a 2/2 black Creature - Bear with a mana cost of .
- Players may concede whenever they like, no matter what the game state.