From Judge Wiki (English)
Judge Classes Week 6 Test
- What are 3 state based actions that involve a player losing the game? What are 3 state based actions that involve a permanent (other than a creature) going to the graveyard?
- What are 2 state based actions that involve a permanent becoming unattached?
- What are 2 state based actions that involve counters on a permanent?
- What are 3 state based actions that involve a creature going to the graveyard?
- When are state based actions checked? What happens if any state based actions are processed? In what order are state based actions processed?
- Neville controls Grizzly Bears, enchanted by Pacifism. Amy casts Shock, targeting Grizzly Bears. What happens after Shock resolves?
- Nancy controls Drudge Skeletons and has resolved its regeneration ability. Abraham casts Puncture Bolt targeting Drudge Skeletons. Is Drudge Skeletons regenerated?
- Amy controls Gideon Jura and activates the third ability. Amy then casts Sakashima the Impostor copying Gideon Jura. What happens after Sakashima resolves?
- Adelaide controls a Grizzly Bears with Paradise Mantle and Bonesplitter attached to it. Nikki casts March of the Machines. What happens after March of the Machines resolves?
- Arthur and Nancy both control Abyssal Persecutor and are both at 7 life. Arthur casts Hurricane, with X equal to 7. What happens as Hurricane resolves?
- How can you tell if an ability is an activated ability?
- Anax controls Etherium Sculptor and has one of each basic land. He wants to cast Etched Oracle for its full cost of . Can he do this?
- Abigail has Lodestone Golem and Omniscience out. What is the total cost to cast Bear Cub if Abigail chooses to use Omniscience to cast it?
- A player having zero or less life, a player attempting to draw a card from an empty library, a player with 10 or more poison counters, and a player having received 21 or more damage from an opponent’s commander (in the Commander variant). An Aura that’s not attached to a creature or attached to an illegal permanent, two or more planeswalkers with the same type and controller, two or more legendary permanents with the same name and controller, two or more world enchantments, a planeswalker with 0 loyalty counters.
- Whenever an Equipment, Fortification or Aura becomes attached to a creature or player with protection from that specific object become unattached. If a creature becomes attached to another creature or player it becomes unattached.
- Whenever a permanent states it can have no more than N counters, any counters that exceed N on the creature are removed. Whenever a creature has both a -1/-1 counter and a +1/+1 counter we may remove one counter of each type until only one type of counter remains.
- A creature with lethal damage marked on it and nonzero toughness. A creature that was dealt damage by a source with deathtouch since the last time state based actions were checked. A creature that 0 or less toughness.
- State-based actions are checked before any player would receive priority. If SBAs are processed the game state will then reflect any changes, such as permanents leaving the battlefield. State-based actions are all processed at the same time and not done in any specific order. If any state based actions are processed then a new check is run, again processing state based actions. This is repeated until no new actions are processed.
- When Shock resolves, Grizzly Bears will have 2 damage marked on it. When SBAs check it will see lethal damage and put Grizzly Bears in the graveyard, Pacifism will remain on the battlefield unattached. SBAs will check again and see an unattached Aura, and then put Pacifism in the graveyard.
- Drudge Skeletons will have 1 damage marked on it, as well as a -1/-1 counter reducing its power and toughness both to 0. When SBAs check it will see 0 toughness and the Drudge Skeletons will go to the graveyard (regeneration will not replace this event).
- Sakashima comes into play as a copy of an un-animated Gideon. It will have the same type and subtype as Gideon, however, and due to the Planeswalker Uniqueness rule the owner of Sakashima and Gideon will have to choose one to be put into the graveyard as an SBA.
- When March of the Machines resolves each artifact will become a creature that is attached to the Grizzly Bears, when SBAs check both will fall off the Grizzly Bears. Paradise Mantle is also a 0-toughness creature and will be put into the graveyard.
- Hurricane resolves marking 7 damage on both Abyssal Persecutors and both players will be at zero life. Abyssal Persecutor’s ability will cause neither player to win or lose the game currently. State-based actions will now check and the Abyssal Persecutors will be put into the graveyard due to having lethal damage. Once they are in the graveyard SBAs will check again, and since both players are at 0 life the game will end in a draw.
- Activated abilities are always written as “[Cost]: [Effect.]” The best way to spot them is to look for a colon in the ability’s text.
- Mana reductions are not optional, and are always calculated when we calculate total costs. You can not overpay for a spell. The Etched Oracle will have 3 counters.
- Even though the spell is being cast without paying its mana cost, additional costs must still be paid. Abigail must still pay for the Bear Cub.