Judge Article Categories
The following categories are used to categorize Judge Articles.
- Report - reports from tournaments from Judges, Head Judges, Score Keepers, Floor Judges
- Rules & Regulations - deals with the official documents (Comp. Rules, MIPG, MTR, etc.) and how to apply the content of these
- Education & Development - about training, testing and mentoring others and yourself; this also includes community building (players, judges, TOs)
- Work and Run a Tournament - everything about (H)judging a tournament (preparation, during the event, deal with players, rulings, situations
Tags in use
To include a tag in a page (and categorize it appropriately), use the following markup:
where FOO1 is the tag (case-sensitive!) and FOO2 is what you want the link to say (not case-sensitive)
If you would like to include a link to a tag, but not categorize the page according to that tag, simply use [[:category:FOO1|FOO2]] with the same meaning as above.
This list contains all the tags that are already used in The Judge Article Project.
- 2HG - articles dealing with the specifics of 2-Headed Giant tournaments.
- Communication - articles about judge-player and judge-judge communication
- Compensation - Articles dealing with the issue of compensating judges for their work.
- CR - Comprehensive Rulebook
- DQ - articles dealing with DQs (how to do them and how to report them)
- Grand Prix - articles dealing specifically with the nitty-gritty of Grand(s) Prix(s).
- head judging - lessons from head judging: what to do and what not to do.
- judge community - how to grow a judge community and how it is when you are part of one
- judge conference - reports of judge conferences and suggestions for future conferences
Judge-Player Communication- replaced with communication
- logistics team - how to overcome the challenges faced by logistics team
Making Rulings- replaced with communication
- Management - how to effectively manage yourself and others within the DCI.
- mentoring - How to mentor and/or train other judges within and outside tournaments.
- MIPG - Magic Infraction Procedure Guide
mistakes- removed: only one article tagged this way, which had other tags (including communication and professionalism)
- MTR - Magic Tournament Rules
- Nationals - National Championships and everything that comes with this type of tournament
- newsletter - Judge! Newsletter
- player community - how to grow a player community and recognizing your own role within that community
- Prerelease - articles specifically concerning details of Prereleases
- professional events - the really prestigious stuff!
- professionalism - representing the DCI well, both on and off the tournament floor.
- PTQ - Pro Tour Qualifiers
- Q&A - articles that include a question and answer section
- Regular REL - specifics of Regular REL events that differ from Competitive or Professional REL events
- road to level 1 - articles for people who want to reach Level 1
- road to level 2 - articles for judges who want to reach Level 2
- road to level 3 - How to get to Level 3 - what to do, what to study and how to prepare for the test.
- studying - Advice on how to study for various tests and learning techniques.
- team leading - making a better team lead
- teamwork - being an effective member of a team.
- Testing - Evaluating candidates, test logistics.
- tournament procedures - tips, tricks, and techniques for getting past the "wait, what now?" moment when the pressure's on.
- travel - pitfalls and perks of traveling to judge.
- unsporting conduct - when a player's behavior on the tournament floor is unacceptable. For articles on specific UC penalties as well as the "line" on non-sporting conduct and infractable unsporting conduct.
The following list contains a list of possible tags for the articles.
- regular events
- score keeping
- judge-TO communication
For the time being I've made it a separate list, as it's not entirely clear how our work with tags will play out. Words in parenthesis are not considered tags but (sub)categories/guiding remarks. Tags that are already used have a link.
Report (International Events)
(Interviews with Judges etc.)
Rules & Regulations
Education & Development
- E&D General
- Road to RA/L1
- Road to Level 2
- Road to Level 3
- Understanding L4/L5/LE
- Being a Judge
- Mentoring (same below under "W&R Tournaments")
- Community Building
- CommunityBuilding Regional
- CommunityBuilding Local
Work and Run A Tournament
- Professional Events (international)
- Competitive Events (national)
- Regular (local, store-level)
- Sealed Deck
- Judge-Judge Communication
- Mentoring (same above under "E&D))
- Certifying (same below under "Procedures")
- Judge-TO Communication
- TO Communication
(Roles, Tasks, and Procedures) (Roles)
- Tournament Officials
- TO Role
- HJ Role
- Teamlead Role
- FJ Role
- SK Role
- Event Teams
- Deckcheck Team
- Logistics Team
- Paper Team
- How to Investigate
- How to DQ
- Providing Feedback
- Certifying (same above under "J-J Communication")